Compostable packaging is the ONLY packaging that can be UPCYCLED into 100% certified healthy, carbon sequestering, plant nurturing soil, erosion control material, and energy producing biogasses.
IEKO understands the unique functional qualities of traditional plastic packaging for manufacturers and consumers.
We also know that even recyclable plastic packaging ends up in landfills the world over— National Geographic estimates that a maximum of 18% of recyclable plastic is recycled annually.
IEKO’s mission is to ELIMINATE PACKAGING WASTE. To this end, our biochemical engineers and partner factories innovate and develop the most reliable commercially compostable packaging solutions on the market.
What is GOOD about COMPOST?
1. Carbon Farming: When spread or sprayed across agricultural fields, compost replaces depleted topsoil in less than a year and replaces environmentally damaging and expensive fertilizers. Read more about Carbon Farming at the Marin Carbon Project: https://www.malt.org/
2. Landfill Diversion: As demand for compostable waste stream diversion drives development, more food and other organic waste is diverted from landfill. Properly managed compostable waste streams fight global warming by keeping biodegradable methane producing waste out of landfill.
3. Share the Wealth: composting organic waste streams creates profits with lower tipping fees than landfill and valuable outputs: energy producing gas, nutrient rich soil, erosion control materials.
4. Do No Harm: IEKO compostable packaging is non-toxic in any environment, and will eventually biodegrade into healthy soil.
5. Bans on Plastic Packaging: Legislated bans on the use of non-compostable bags, straws and proven harmful plastic additives like BPA and phthalates are widespread as scientists drill down on root causes of human health issues like decreasing fertility and increasing cancer rates worldwide.